Friday, July 25, 2008

I regret I will not be able to attend....

That's right folks, in case you are not in your twenties anymore, its that time again! Wedding Season...

In the past week I have received 5 invitations to weddings. Last year the number was at 12. Now don't take offense to what I'm about to say, but I REALLY REALLY DISLIKE WEDDINGS. This is not to say that I'm against marriage or hate love by any means. I love love! I love my friends lovers. I love and appreciate the friends who have taken the time to think of me, when getting married. I have a special place in my heart for you all...I really do. I just hate weddings! They, and this is totally a personal opinion, are odd, impersonal and little ackward for me.

I'll be the first to admit it, I have, in the past not gone to weddings of people I have the highest respect for. All of my cousins weddings, best friends weddings, close business associates, neighbors, college roomates in fact everyone I've ever gone to college with. I don't mean to be disrespectful of these relationships but... I don't fit in at weddings, I'm "that guy." The single guy who no one knows... It's like I roll up into this fat quiet ball. Instead of being my loud self, I shut down.

I don't know why I feel this way but.. I do. I have never had a bad experience at any of the weddings that I have attended. I think it has to do with the purpose and structure of these events.. I attend quite a few small weddings, weddings with close family and friends. Anything with more then 15/20 people just creeps me out. Love is an intimate thing between two people, why then are there weddings with 9000 people at them?

I realize this is a max quark. It could be that I've not been in a relationship for more then 9 months. It could be because I'm gay and internally I realize I can't get married in 90% of America. It could be because I just don't like large crowds. I don't know why I dislike them so much.

I guess what I'm saying is don't be hurt, worried or surprised when you get a "I regret to inform you that I will not be attending your wedding" response. I Love each and everyone of you who took the time to invite me and believe me you'll get a rocking wedding gift! unfortunately, I will not be at your special day..

Hope all is well, Love life!
max

No comments: